Tuesday, May 5, 2009

New Studio Stuff

I recently got some new stuff for my studio. First is a sweet paper cutter. Probably made cheaply in some foreign country, but hey, it can cut through 200 sheets of 70lb text paper. How hard can it be to put a sharp blade on crank? This saves me about 20 minutes per text block. Well worth the time and the added cleanliness of a cut.

Also, I got some giant flat files for 125 each. I had been looking on craigslist for quite a while for a deal and this one came up just after I got my tax return. I shouldn't be spending it on stuff like this, but I couldn't pass it up. You should also spend your tax returns on toys. I got it from some rich guys who live out in a fancy part of town. They both fit in my Scion xB perfectly. The guys said they probably wouldn't have fit in their landrover... Take that!
I also went to my first craft fair. Let's just say my demographic isn't 70 year old ladies in a town called Longmont. Longmont is about 40 miles outside of denver has some large luminary companies like Seagate, Butterball, and Crocs. I didn't do poorly and made my money back, but I definitely need to find fairs that are my demo. I think I sold more to kids in the 6-10 age range than anyone else. I have a booth partner, so this is good to share costs. Here is her link in case anyone needs some photo wallets. http://www.mmsomewhere.etsy.com
Weather is turning, time for some disc golf.
Peace

Looking to the stars! Or looking for more young people to sell my stuff to.


No comments: